The courses aim to show you how to get the best out of your camera, whether it’s an introduction or a more advanced course you are interested in. The aim at the Academy is to show you how to take pictures to be proud of with their selection of photography courses. The Jessops Academy offers a range of courses from introductory level courses, to help you turn off the auto settings right through to advanced courses for those looking to get serious with photography and maybe make a living out of it.
If you want to get better at a particular type of photography like taking pictures of animals or night time photography then their experience courses are perfect to get you going on the right track. All of their photography courses are run by professional and highly regarded photographers such as William Cheung and David Southard to name a couple.
There are 6 courses overall to choose from. 5 out of 6 of the courses costs £119, so £40 off provides a 33% discount. The courses include:
- DSLR Level 1 course: Designed for the first-time DSLR user, this course is ideal if you’re looking to develop your skills.Perfect if you feel confident with your camera but are looking to improve your skills and techniques During the course our trainer will cover a broad range of topics related to basic photography. If you find yourself always using Auto and you’re keen to learn more, this course is for you.
A mixture of theory and practical work is delivered in a fun, enthusiastic, jargon-free style. It’s not only technical knowledge of your camera that helps make a great picture, creative aspects of photography help too, and our trainers cover these, as well as sharing hints and tips, to ensure you start taking pictures you’re proud of. £119
- Compact Camera course: Just bought a compact? This course will give you the skills to snap some picture perfect shotsIf you’re struggling to get the most out of your recently purchased compact camera, then this course is for you. Designed to help you understand the key features and functions available in your camera, the course is a mixture of theory and practical work – with no jargon.
The course will give you a basic overview of what makes a good photo, so you can be confident of getting the best from your camera! £119
- City Tour course: City slickers will love this course. It’ll show you how to capture the magic of the urban landscape.This course is designed to challenge you as a photographer – highlighting opportunities for learning in both creative and technical fields. During image capture, our trainer will give you instant feedback and assist with your composition and exposure to ensure you get the very best from your equipment and surroundings.
With courses running in some of the UK’s greatest cities, the Jessops City Tour course is sure to provide you with some exceptional pictures every step of the way! £119
- DSLR Level 2 course: Perfect if you feel confident with your camera but are looking to improve your skills and techniques.If you already have an understanding of your camera, this course will take you to the next level. Adopting a mix of theory and practical work, it aims to make sure you leave with an evident new skill set.
With a range of topics designed to expand your photographic knowledge base, this level 2 course is suitable for you if you’re already confident using manual modes. £119
- Compact System and Bridge Camera course: Increase your confidence with basic photography techniques and key features on your cameraDuring the day our trainer will cover a broad range of topics related to basic photography.
Ideal if you’ve bags of enthusiasm and a keen eye, but no prior photography knowledge, this course takes you through the basics of bridge and compact system camera operation and offers you tips and techniques to get you taking perfect pictures. £119
- Studio Photography Level 1: Increase your confidence with basic photography and learn how to shoot in a studio environmentStudio photography can be complicated for even the most advanced photographer, and with the broad range of products available knowing where to start can be confusing. This course aims to demystify studio photography, explaining the jargon and making it easy to understand.
You will be shown new techniques and how to set up lights, and then given the opportunity to try out your new skills with various lighting styles and a live model.
This course not only covers tuition on the equipment but also image composition and advice about how to direct your model to achieve the best results. £149.